SAIL INSPECTION CHECK-LIST
Every sail that is serviced by North undergoes a thorough inspection designed to identify maintenance issues early, so thay do not become major problems later on. Annual inspection of your inventory will aid significantly in extending sail life and maintaining peak performance.
- Inspect head, tack, clew and reef attachments. Inspect webbing & hardware for chafe and UV damage. Inspect hand stitching.
- Inspect luff tapes and luff attachments.
- Inspect for chafe at external hardware contact points at spreaders, shrouds, stanchions etc.
- Inspect leech line, foot line and attachment system.
- Inspect sail for UV damage and proper furling side (if applicable).
- Inspect batten pocket ends, attachments and fit (if applicable).
- Inspect sail body for condition of cloth, seams, sail numbers, draft stripes and windows. Replace or add telltales (complimentary).
- Flip sail and repeat.
- Inspect miscellaneous gear: Spinnaker Snuffer line and hoop, mainsail external flaking system, headsail vertical battens, UV covers, etc.
- Inspect sailbag draw string, zippers, web straps, and label properly.
- Fold and bag with complimentary North Sails sail tie.